The Human Resources Department is the support to and advocate for employees. Our team acts as a business partner to leaders in handling Human Resources related responsibilities. Day-to-day responsibilities include the functional areas of recruitment, on-boarding, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, policy administration, and employment law compliance while fostering a culture supporting the mission of Novae Corp.
- Perform active recruitment, selection, and hiring functions for all positions. Represent organization at job fairs, create classified advertising, screen applications/resumes, coordinate applicant testing, conduct interviews, complete relevant background checks, extend job offers and coordinate on-boarding.
- Act as a resource for employees in understanding the expectations and culture at Novae; advise on benefits, organizational policies, employment laws, and advocate for positive relationships and individual growth.
- Act as a resource for leaders in proactively leading employees. Advise on organizational policies, employment laws, and, when needed, facilitate the corrective action process through counsel, documentation and delivery. Refer situations to human resources management, as appropriate.
- Support the safety of teams through teaching safe work practices, regularly discussing safety as a priority, investigating accidents, maintaining safety related reports, and participating in corrective action of safety issues as needed.
- Support the human resources function of the organization through regular participation in projects for continual improvement.
- Provide HR support to all employees.
- Maintain employee records.
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Stay current on job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties, as needed. (This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job.)